Where the question "Is this Justifiable?" is answered.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Uggs

Hokay, so I remember when these things became popular like, what? In 2003? And I, like everyone else thought, "Man, there's no possible way these things are going to be sticking around."

Well now it's 2010, AND THEY'RE STILL EVERYWHERE!!!!!

I was walking the equivalent of one block to meet a friend for coffee yesterday when I noticed something: 50 percent of all girls were wearing boots of some kind (this is no exaggeration folks), and I'm just talking Ugg boot variety. As if the original Uggs aren't a monstrosity enough, there's also the fuzzy variety, the high fuzzy ones, and even combat boots to name a few others. I want to say that all of these are equally bad, but I notice a trend that the more fur/fuzziness I see on a pair, the longer the image is burned into my retinas.

I'll be honest, I don't like Uggs. But let's be realistic here: a lot of people don't. Apparently they're extremely comfortable, so that makes them okay. So I can understand that people would want to wear them when it's really cold out, maybe with a pair of jeans or something, but when I see them paired with dresses, or, what Juliana and I were seeing a lot of yesterday, with ONLY LEGGINGS FOR PANTS (Oh god, the horror...), it's just so typically... college for lack of a better term. I mean, c'mon people, can't you show a little bit more creativity and not look like the most stereotypical college biddy as you possibly can?

Also, if you're not wearing pants, you're obviously not that cold, so why are you wearing Uggs? If you can go out in public pantsless in the middle of January, which is exactly what these girls were doing if they were wearing leggings for pants (I told you, it's literally burned into my retinas), you should be able to wear some normal footwear without suffering from some degree of hypothermia. Look, I'm not the fashion police by any means, nor am I trying to be, but it's a given that no matter what you wear them with, YOU LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT (times 50 if you're wearing them with just leggings. God, why do people do that?).

So this is another time where I'm going to have to be split on an issue to the tiniest degree imaginable (after all, most rules have exceptions. Keep that in mind going forward with this blog. I want to give a clear cut "justifiable" or "unjustifiable" at the end, but don't think it's written in stone; it's just what I think of the topic at hand most of the time). I'll give the people who wear Uggs only when it's cold out and with a pair of jeans some leeway and say they're justifiable (and I'm even hesitant to do that, but I'm going to post this before I change my mind), but as far as the girls who match their mini-skirts, sundresses, or freaking just leggings (seeing this convinces me that there is no God) with Uggs, or something resembling their feet impaling a pair of shaggy dogs: totally unjustifiable.

FINAL VERDICT: UNJUSTIFIABLE

1 comment:

  1. coudlnt have said it better.
    Ugg(ly) boots just give you an over-sized foot and make you look handicapped. especially when worn with mini-skirts.
    when i first saw that they were coming out with different colors i thought that would be the end of it. but i was so wrong. theres a whole Ugg(ly) world out there. 0_o
    you might as well stick your foot through the anus of a goat.

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
Justification Station by http://justificationstation.blogspot.com/ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at justificationstation.blogspot.com.